Saturday, August 06, 2005

While I'm on the subject.

Rubbish music offends me.

It makes me wonder where the world is going and if our species has really evolved a heck of a lot.

One example I would like to provide is: Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U. As per usual I have condemned the song from the get go purely for the fact that it's called 'Cater 2 u'.

This song in it's entirety is based upon the idea that women are purposely put on this earth to want to serve men.

The proof is in the pudding:

Let Me Help You
Take Off Your Shoes
Untie Your Shoestrings (Note that shoelaces doesn't rhyme, so they've used frozen chips instead)
Take Off Your Cufflinks (Yeah)
What You Want To Eat Boo? (Yeah)
Let Me Feed You
Let Me Run Your Bathwater
Whatever You Desire, I'll Aspire
Sing You A Song
Turn The Game On
I'll Brush Your Hair
Help Put Your Do Rag On
Want A Foot Rub? (Yeah)
You Want A Manicure?
Baby I'm Yours I Want To Cater To You Boy

Now it could just be the bitter feminist rage that broils in the pit of my stomach, or it could be the fact that this song portrays women as having nothing better to do than fulfill mans every freaking will.

And the line that sums up the song: "I'm Here To Serve You"

What inspiring and empowering role-models Destiny's Child are to adolescent females. Your only purpose in life is to make man happy. Pfft..

Well fuck man. If man wants food, he can damn well get it himself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not agree.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But aren't women supposed to massage my feet and then touch my food? Isn't dysentery all about love?

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home