Sunday, July 03, 2005

NZ Idol Linked to Emotional Immaturity.

It sure seemed that way.

Look, not everyone can sing. Just like not everybody has the brain capacity to become a brain surgeon. You get what you're given and you make the best of your natural gifts.

The gift of song isn't dealt generously and that's a good thing. Society does not need nine out of 10 people clogging the system and watering down 'actual' talent.

So how is it that every contestant on NZ Idol claims to have the gift, the dream and the aspiration to be a commercially successful music artist? Nine out of 10 of these people have voices that rival cats in a bag, tied to a brick and dunked in a bath.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but if I were told that I didn't have an even partially nice singing voice, I would quietly go about my business making the most of the gifts and attributes that I actually had. But that's just me. Others deem it appropriate and not at all creepy to threaten the making of a voodoo doll in the image of Paul Ellis.

So you can't sing. Deal with it. Let the true talent shine. If you don't have a future in music, don't cry. Thank your lucky stars nobody overseas had to hear your rubbish voice.

Simon Cowell would have shot himself in the face twice over if he were a judge on NZ Idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home