Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fiona Apple is my god.

This woman is my god.

Single-handedly, without a doubt, this woman means more to me than most would understand.

I can't possibly begin to explain the love, the appreciation and the shivers I get down the back of my neck whenever I listen to something as powerful as Never is a Promise, I Know and Oh, Well.

There are two Fiona's in my life. One whose voice I hear every day and the other whose voice I hear barely once a week. The first is Fiona Apple. The second is my mother.

Every morning without fail, I turn on my mp3 player, put the volume up to it's absolute maximum and march to my course listening to Red, Red, Red. My feet are in time to the music and my eyes are transfixed squarely on a dream world that only I can see. I care not that I walk at 50 paces an hour and that I'm 10 minutes late every morning. For I am happy.. Gloriously happy.

So Fiona, thank you. You make my ears and soul burn bright with an inexplicable flame.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like wheat she does with words. It's the kind of music you can listen to and go away full of ideas. You know that old chestnut -- "very few people listened to the Velvet Underground but they all went away and started bands"? It's a little like that.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true that I like wheat but I don't know that I really like it. I meant what. Or rather: I mant what.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Cyn said...

Crazy person says what now?

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home