Wednesday, August 17, 2005


Something I could never whinge about: Fiona Apple.

That's right. Her new album Extraordinary Machine is being released on the 4th of October 2005. After months and months and months of speculation surrounding the unreleased album, the saga has finally reached a happy ending.

Extraordinary Machine, Apple's third album has been in the works since 2002. I have loved Fiona since I was 18 years old, and have been eagerly anticipating this new album since then. In 2004, while trawling the internet for any sort of news, I discovered that there were two leaked tracks from the album. Extraordinary Machine and Better Version Of Me. I quickly 'acquired' these tracks and played them until my cdrom drive sizzled with overuse. Soon after this, three more tracks from the album were floating about the internet. Get Him Back, Used To Love Him and Not About Love. I had five tracks from Extraordinary Machine. I was ecstatic! Soon after this, the last six tracks trickled into my lap like a pie with too much sauce on the top and when you bite into it, the sauce drips all over you, but you don't care because the pie is so good. That's exactly what it was like..

I had every single leaked track from Extraordinary Machine, and the only think I was left wanting for was a release date, some sort of news, and to know what the hell was going on. For over a year, that little thought niggled away at the back of my mind. Tidbits of appetising news came in sporadically, but never any formidable jaw-dropping front-page sort of information.

Until three days ago. When through a reliable source, that I have never spoken to but I know has the same love and admiration for Fiona that I do, posted a link to a site that had ringtone downloads.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home